We are seeking a Senior Systems Engineer (SSE) that will lead technical concept implementation and architecture design for our Industrial Internet of Things solution. The candidate will be required to provide technical support to Business Development teams and Product Development teams. They will also lead the sourcing and validating of third party products to complete the system and drive the internal systems test team. Strong communication and interpersonal skills, coupled with the ability to work internationally are required. The successful candidate must be able to describe complex system solutions to audiences of varying technical backgrounds and establish support/enthusiasm for a proposed solution.
This role requires strong leadership and teamwork skills. The candidate will be expected to lead technology initiatives beyond their own core technical specialty, relying on team members from other specific disciplines as required.
The candidate will also work collaboratively across the engineering organization to focus on Requirements Management, Technical Baseline Creation, Review and Approval, Technical Roadmap Creation and aspects of System Engineering process compliance including, but not limited to, process artifact review and approval and Risk Management/Analysis. The SSE will also be a key participant in our Security and Compliance team to meet target market requirements.
- Perform system design activities for Communication Products and Systems of Products.
- Serve as the primary technical point-of-contact for a product family, relying on engineers from specific disciplines as required.
- Preparing and conducting technical briefings.
- Preparing for and participating in technical baseline reviews.
- The ability to assess and report technical project status, risks and issues.
- Provide cross-functional technical and process leadership in the execution of multiple IRAD and Program funded projects.
- Oversee product development technical activities to assure designs are technically sound, and meet system level requirements.
- Prepare systems requirements, design reviews and documentation per standard development processes.
- Collaborate with other design teams, test, manufacturing, product service, program and product management, and external customers to execute radio product development projects and deliver high-quality system solutions.
- Support front end business development activities including planning, customer visits, technical briefings, and proposal developments.
- The ability to draw on internal resources to generate accurate estimates for NRE and recurring costs.
- The ability to provide short-term technical support to internal and external customers when necessary.
- Engagement in project post-mortem reviews in order to assess future process improvements.
- The ability to complete assignments on a self-directed basis with only high-level direction provided at the start of tasking.
- Establish strategic working relationships with engineering project managers as well as functional teams and technical leads.
- Provide leadership in the development of technical staff through strategic hiring, mentoring, and training.
- Bachelors in Electrical or Computer Engineering (BSEE or BSCE) with 12+ years of relevant experience in systems engineering or product design engineering or Masters in Electrical or Computer Engineering (MSEE or MSCE) with 10 years of relevant experience
- Ability to partner with stake holders and team leaders to identify needs and develop marketable Tactical Communication System solutions which provide customer value
- Proven and effective communications skills, interpersonal skills and customer focus are a must
- US Military Veterans preferred but not required
- Occasional (10 – 20%) domestic travel
- Active US DoD Secret Clearance or Ability to obtain a US DoD Secret Clearance
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we may only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S.